Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Ford Cabriolet

I consider the painting that I have done to this point to be my apprenticeship requirements. I consider the paintings to be my "idea" bank. I think I may be ready to actually paint. However I don't feel much like painting. I'm finishing a commission and I'm doing concrete jobs. Putting up these posts gives me a chance to look at my life's work and then regret all the time I've wasted. This car will show up in a complete big painting later........Bink to expand on the subject!

10 comments:

DarkWing said...

I am soo happy to see your paintings again! (one more night in the hotel...I have missed technology)

Ron Morrison said...

We were worried, tornadoes and all-no changes on your posts.

William K. Moore said...

Good use of analagous colors with some warm in the building for balance and counterpoint. I like this much more than the VW version! Good one mr!

Michelle said...

Nice. Great colors. This little convertible looks like fun.

naquaiya said...

Beautifully said. You are a poet indeed. Are you working on a big painting? love this one btw

Cara said...

Nice painting Ron - I'm especially drawn to the area where the sunlight hits.

Ron Morrison said...

Thanks, W.K., I never thought of the V.W. but you're right its deja vu all over again.

Ron Morrison said...

Thanks, Michelle, I think these cars in real life, all fixed up, are very beautiful. I thought the colours were fun and also the effects were interesting- I basically just paint to see what the pigments will do.

Ron Morrison said...

Thanks, Michele, I'm going to have to draw a coupla big ones just to regain some momentum.

Ron Morrison said...

Thanks Cara, I like places where the sun hits, too.