Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sedan Delivery

A friend of mine grew up in this farm house. It was a warm friendly place with stuff in the oven baking all the time and kids hollering and dogs barking. There was no shortage of dandelion wine and my buddies old man smoked big honkin' stinky cigars. We rode to school in the back of this sedan delivery with the yapping dogs licking our ears. There are a lot of old houses on the back of farms all through the valley. Properties have been subdivided and new houses built. My buddy is a developer and his ragtag bunch are very prosperous. He had a younger sister....

__________________
Ron Morrison

6 comments:

Cara said...

Ron - I loved those houses - in my own childhood my home was a cold silent place full of misery so I spent as much time as possible at my friends house where it was just like you discribed - lots of noise, laughter, food...consequently that's the kind of house I have now. The painting is beautiful, love the rose colored auto -

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Love the soft colour tones in this piece Ron. That story kinda left us hangin' don't ya think?

Lovely old car.

Jeffrey

Joan said...

Great job on this!! I always admire your mingling colors...

Ron Morrison said...

Thanks, Cara, yes I think the commotion is good! At least entertaining...not so good for the faint of heart...

Ron Morrison said...

Thanks, Jeffrey, that was the idea...(leaving hanging)

Ron Morrison said...

Thanks, Joan, they are sociable colours, they love to mingle!