Tuesday, May 26, 2009

When the Wind Blows

I like to invent scenes that are hopefully resonant, the motion, the light...the way things were and still are in some places. Junk, clutter, the debris of the mid-last century, the fodder that I am compelled to re-arrange in my paintings to create my scenes. It is just plain fun for me and the reason I paint.

I am still working on this idea, there are a few things that are unfinished, but you can fill in the details like the unfinished chimney top...its the idea that is important. This is the middle section of a bigger painting that I thought could stand on its own. I love this breezy style of painting and I admit to being stuck not only in another world of old stuff but also an admirer of older painting styles and I lament their loss.

5 comments:

Joan said...

Ron - Your paintings are always a joy to see...love the colors and the atmosphere in them!

SiLa said...

Those birds are cherries on top of a cake :)

Ron Morrison said...

Thanks, Joan, they are fun for me to do...

Ron Morrison said...

Thanks, SiLa...

kaslkaos said...

I never thought old cars would have so much personality. Makes me see them differently, even my own rust-bucket that is ready to retire. Thanks for the change in vision.